Armstrong Redwoods Deluxe Tour
We meet up at the Guerneville park and ride, which is located across the street and just west of the Safeway on Main Street, Guerneville CA. After a 20 minute introduction and training session, we ride our Segways through this charming West Sonoma County town and then glide out 2 miles down a gorgeous Northern California logging road which runs into the magnificent Armstrong Redwoods! One of the most stunning moments of the tour is the transition from the logging road into the forest. Upon entering the park, your five senses tingle with nature's finest offerings. During our tour of the park, we cover nearly all of the valley's floor as well as ride up into the surrounding hills which overlook the redwoods. We then have our catered lunch (if lunch option is selected; otherwise, short snack break) among the majestic redwood trees. There are several memorable photo and video opportunities that we stop for as well as viewing of the two largest trees in the park. Parking can be very difficult at Armstrong, so it's great not to worry about that!
Our tours go rain or shine, but in the event of truly terrible weather, please call (707) 953-3477 for an update. If a tour is canceled due to inclement weather, Segway of Healdsburg will offer an alternative tour date or a full refund, whichever the customer prefers.
- At specified time, we meet in the Guerneville park and ride, which is located across the street and just west of the Safeway on Main Street in Guerneville.
- Experience begins with a 20 minute introduction, safetey, and training session.
- Next we ride our Segways through Guerneville and make our way down Armstrong Redwoods Blvd., a two mile ride to the park.
- Once we arrive at the park, the real fun begins as we experience the sights, sounds, and smells of the Redwood Forest.
- We spend about an hour in the park, eat our snack or lunch, see the surrounding area, and then head back
- We arrive back at the Guerneville park and ride about 2:15 from the beginning of the tour.
Things To Bring
- Comfortable shoes. Wear shoes that you would ordinarily go for a walk in.
- Layers of clothing. The temperature can vary quite a bit on a given ride. Our Segways are equipped with front storage compartments so you can add and subtract clothing as required.
- Cameras are optional. Segway of Healdsburg will photo and video document your tour for you at no extra charge. You will be sent a link to the pictures and videos after the tour. You are, of course, welcome to bring your own camera as well.
- Extra water if it is very warm. Segway of Healdsburg will supply each rider 1 small water. Sometimes it is good to have more.
- Raingear, if appropriate.There's nothing nicer than Armstrong Redwoods in the rain; but not if you're wet. SOH has some raingear, but we can't guarantee we'll have enough.
Photographs and video clips.
Storage compartment on Segway
Lunch option: -- fully catered lunch with glass of wine and desert
Rain gear (not guaranteed)
Reservations require a full deposit via credit card. We will send an e-mail confirmation of the date and time of your tour. Deposits are fully refundable if the reservation is canceled 2 days -48 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour. We have a limited amount of Segways available for tours. No-shows are charged in full. The deposit WILL NOT be refunded for any reason within 48 hours of your scheduled tour. A signed liability waiver and credit card for security deposit is required prior to your tour departure. Gift Certificates are not refundable.
Schedule subject to change. See availability
Tours depart from the Guerneville Park and Ride which is just past (west of) the Safeway Shopping Center on the other side of the street. We train in this parking lot and the tour departs from there as well. There is plenty of free parking right there on sight.
Tour returns to the Guerneville park and ride approximately 2:30 after it begins.
Click a date to book